Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

collapse collapse

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Top Poster

Snowman Snowman
2055 Posts
Bluetongue
1421 Posts
carpetcleaner carpetcleaner
1394 Posts
shane13 shane13
1286 Posts
Dave MacIntosh
1236 Posts

Author Topic: new so called " reptile dealer"  (Read 2545 times)

Offline viridis

• Reptile fossil
new so called " reptile dealer"
« on: October 02, 2010, 11:13:19 AM »
A person I know Called into a new reptile dealers shop in midland today, and saw that he has a morelia spilota imbricate, yes an imbricate, in an enclosure with desert sand as a substrate, there was a water bowl in there which was empty and was all calcium crystallized on the bottom, and you could see that it had been dry for a fair while, It was pointed out to the owner that the water bowl was empty,and needed a refill   guess what he said.

HE said that       SNAKES DO NOT DRINK WATER     they only need water to help them shed.      Needless to say he was told that he was wrong and didn't know what he was talking about, and this person left the shop telling him he was a ############## idiot. 

He also told a new young snake keeper, that all snakes need uv light's.

So just goes to show any body can become a dealer.

The morale to this story is beware where you shop, for all your reptile needs.-----v

----------don't shoot the messenger----------

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:18:48 AM by viridis »
( You will never fail ------ if you never quit )

Offline Glacey

• Young serpent
Re: new so called " reptile dealer"
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 11:25:03 AM »
I had similar a few years ago when a BHP was in a pet shop and had an incomplete shed.....the staff told me is was the lack of UV that caused it????? I offered to soak it in their back room and help them out and was quite rudely refused.

Offline Dave MacIntosh

• Administrator
  • Reptile fossil
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 12:26:43 PM »
Who was the dealer viridis?

Offline shane13

• Reptile fossil
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 01:10:50 PM »
Hence why i rather buy off this forum, or get a hold of a breeder. Things like this are bullshit.

Offline liney

• Mature serpent
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 05:29:02 PM »
Would you please say what the shop was called as this is important for everyone to stay clear of or otherwise make our mind up- but might sell cheap accessories- who knows.

Offline viridis

• Reptile fossil
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 06:18:07 PM »
There is only 1 in midland at the moment, ----v

not city farmers
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:54:08 AM by viridis »

Offline liney

• Mature serpent
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 06:34:11 PM »
not city farmers?

Offline macando

• Young serpent
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 06:54:02 PM »
Maybe the DEC should be visiting the midland area hey..
1 x sw carpet.

Offline cassa-rowles

• Geriatric reptile
    • Roaming Reptile Education
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 12:45:30 PM »
Rover's Retreat? The guy there seemed to know what he was talking about when I've been in there...??

Offline viridis

• Reptile fossil
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »
The subject of this thread has now been acted upon by the appropriate  organization, so this subject is now Finished.

Offline Bluetongue

• Reptile fossil
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 09:52:08 PM »
I am curious to know what action has been taken by DEC.  Has the dealer's licence been revoked? If not, then what?  Because that is the only outcome I would consider to warrant the subject being closed.

I am also curious as to how DEC were alerted.  The reason for my curiosity is that I would like to know what can be done in future if it happens again.  I don't want to know names, just general details of how it was done.

Mike

Offline ashleys

• Just hatched
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 06:57:51 PM »
I went in there a while ago and asked him about where he got his carpet pythons and he said why and i said i was just curious about the locale and  he said Chittering and wasn't happy with me

Offline Snowman

• Reptile fossil
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »
HE said that       SNAKES DO NOT DRINK WATER     they only need water to help them shed.      

Just for anyone else who is insane enough to think snakes don't drink. I had just got in from a stint up north and found one of my imbricata taking a drink. So I took some shakey footage with my phone.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:32:21 PM by snowman »

Offline AndrewHenderson

• Reptile fossil
  • 2 stimmies, 6 SWCP, 3 Womas, 2 BHP.....lucky 13?!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 11:51:13 PM »
further to that, there is the death adder video dave posted on you tube from the adder that was in the water tank and gulped water when he put it in the pot of water... seems to be common knowledge, to most anyway! haha

Offline Kenshin

• Mature serpent
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 06:18:56 AM »
id like to point out a dealer in wattle grove they keep most of theyre herps incorrectly and have ignored all advice of mine and offers to help quiet rudely (ex gf worked there afew years ago)

they have had a fair few young imbricata die in theyre care with bad shedding problems and nothing done about it (also kept on sand) and no hides as they dont like them because customers cant see them?

further more the ackies that they have not been able to move for many years are tiny, malnourished and they all have the worst case of constriction that i have seen on living monitors with all of them missing large portions of theyre tail's and even lage portions of multiple legs, they keep them on a thermostat with a red light set to 30 degrees they always turn it off to save money on electricity and they feed them once or twice a week with abit of pinky mice.............. they would not listen to me at all

* Top Boards

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6